Delaware’s Port of Wilmington is a full service, strategically located Mid-Atlantic deep-water port at the confluence of the Christina and Delaware rivers, serving more than 200 million North American consumers.
Located just 63 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, it is North America’s leading fresh fruit port, with the largest dock-side refrigerated complex on the continent.
The Port of Wilmington in Delaware is located at the heart of the U.S. East Coast providing shippers with overnight access to major markets. The port is located just minutes from I-495, I-95, I-295 and the New Jersey Turnpike.
The Port of Wilmington, Delaware is a full-service deep-water port and marine terminal handling about 400 vessels Annually with an annual import/export cargo tonnage of more than 6 million tons. Today, Delaware’s port is the busiest terminal on the Delaware River.
North America’s #1 Seaport:
- Imports of Fresh Fruit
- Imports of Bananas
- Imports of Juice Concentrate
- US Port of entry for Moroccan clementines
- Largest dock-side refrigerated complex
- Largest fumigation facility in the US
Port of Wilmington Advantages
Same day delivery demand is placing pressure for infill industrial near dense urban populations. Leading to increased demand for last touch delivery sites in close proximity to dense urban centers.
Ecommerce has grown 15% YoY since 2010. Close proximity to major transportation arteries of I-495, I-95, I-295, & New Jersey Turnpike.
- 1st deep-water terminal on the Delaware River
- 8 berths
- 4 STS gantry cranes + 2 -100 ton MHC’s
- Dedicated interstate ramps 400m from gate
- Overnight access to 2/3 population in North America
- No Delaware River bridge tolls when leaving Port
- 1 bridge between Port and Atlantic -188 ft. MHW
- On-site tug company
- Experienced, motivated labor
- On-Site CBP & USDA for expedited entrance, clearances, examination, and gate outs.
- No lost time for CBP intensive inspection
- Reefer specialists – value-added services: fumigation, CT, rapid cooling & expediting 800k sf temp controlled warehouses
- 2 class-1 railroads
Port of Wilmington Tactical Advantages
- Lower Vessel Operating Costs
- Supply Chain Velocity
- No big city traffic or tolls
- “SMART TWIC” – No truck escorts
- Wilmington is Only 32.2 Miles from Philadelphia.
- Encompassing nearly 60 percent of the state’s population, New Castle County, Delaware embodies a unique culture of innovation that dates to the founding of the DuPont Company.
- Covering just 1,982 square miles in total, Delaware has an effective network of highways and primary and secondary roads to make transport simple, including major thoroughfares:
- Interstates 95, 295, 495
- U.S. Highways 13, 113, 301, 202 and 9
- Delaware offers freight and commercial rail service to reach 50 million people with 250 miles, including:
- Norfolk Southern
- CSX Corporation
- DelDOT/SEPTA Wilmington–Philadelphia
Warehouses for Sale Near Port of Wilmington
Check out some information we put together on buying or selling warehouses near the Port of Wilmington. For a complete list of available warehouses near the Port of Wilmington, give us a call or contact us.